Frequently Asked Questions
Why Get Professional Help with Pregnancy Loss, Misscarriage or Stillbirth?
Pregnancy and/or infant loss is a life changing and traumatic event. After a loss of this kind, your life is impacted and you are undeniably changed. This type of loss can affect various aspects of your life. Some of which are expected and some areas that take you by surprise.
In the days, weeks, months or years after loss, it can feel as though the world has moved on, yet you are still struggling. Specialized coaching support will address all the areas of your life that have been impacted and honour where you are at within your journey. It supports you in picking up the broken pieces one piece at a time; In your own time, in your own way.
Understanding different types of pregnancy loss
With all the different names, it can sometimes be confusing to understand the different types of pregnancy losses. Here is a brief explanation:
- Miscarriage: Loss before 20 weeks gestation
- Stillbirth: Early Stillbirth is a loss that occurs between 20-27 weeks gestation, Late Stillbirth occurs between 28-36 weeks gestation, and Stillbirth occurs between 38 weeks.
- Ectopic Pregnancy: When an embryo implants outside of the uterus, usually in the fallopian tube. Ectopic pregnancies can not make it full term, as it puts the mother at risk of complications.
- Chemical Pregnancy: A very early miscarriage, usually occuring before the 5th week of gestation.
Regardless of these terms, it is important to remember that you get to identify your pregnancy loss however it feels right for you.
Where I work
Although I am based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I’m available to provide online pregnancy loss counseling, coaching and healing services across Canada as well as the USA.
Does Talking Help?
Whether you’ve just lost your angel, are trying to conceive again, are pregnant, or just some time has passed, I want you to know that there is always space for healing. This journey is not easy, and it is not one that you need to walk alone.
I have found so many women need to talk about their loss, we need to speak our babies names, we need to honor our due dates, we need to honor the day we gave birth to a baby that was still. Just through talking alone, we let go of grief and we make room for joy to come in. We cannot make room for joy until we truly and wholeheartedly, embrace the darkness first. But in order to do that, we need a safe space to do it.
So please, today, if you are feeling like this journey is difficult, more difficult than you could have imagined, contact me, let’s make a time to talk. Tell me your story, tell me your baby’s name, tell me the areas in which your life has changed. Let’s embrace the darkness together so that we can make room for the joy.
What Each Coaching Call looks like
- Calls are done via video conferencing (Skype, FaceTime) or voice calls.
- Coaching sessions are client-led conversations. I do not come with an agenda. The conversations are directed by you and I will support whichever direction you take the conversation.
- Intake forms to will be sent to you to fill out ahead of our first call. This will give me better insight into the areas in which you are struggling. It will also give you an opportunity to express what you are wanting out of the calls.
- Every call begins with an optional centering meditation: This can help you get out of your head and more into your heart, so that you can be more present during our session.
- I will ask questions that will stimulate a new perspective of your journey that will foster healing and growth.
- I will make connections and address patterns that may be influencing the way you are processing your story.
- Within every call we will create an “imagined future” together and through trust and openness we will empower you in finding your path toward this future.
- A follow up email will be sent to you at the end of every session that includes tools that we agree you try.
How to work with me
Book a 1-on-1 Healing session
Let's work together in a live setting, either online or in-person. 1:1 coaching is a beautiful and intimate way of healing. I create a sacred and safe space in our coaching call that let's you heal through your journey.
Start Healing from Home
Get online access to one of my online self-paced healing courses. Ease Worry, Fear, and Anxiety with Mindfulness Training, or Clarify Your Thoughts and Feelings with 7 days of Journaling by Email.
Join me in a Group setting
Group healing is a beautiful way to experience and share your journey with other women just like you. Together, we create a safe & sacred space to share your personal feelings without judgement.